Thursday 6 December 2012

The Reason For The Season

Hi Blog Friends. Sometimes I think in all the hustle and bustle at this time of the year, and all the razzamatazz of presents and decorations etc, the true meaning of Christmas is forgotten. Maybe we need to step back and take a minute to reflect.


Click on image to enlarge picture.

Some of my Christmas cards were quite simple, like this one. I computer generated the sentiment then used different colour ways, different dies and different shaped cards to make them all slightly different . A little cheating maybe but when you make so many you  do what you have to do to speed up the process.

We haven't had any more snow today but still have yesterdays lying on the ground and the roads are treacherous. No gritting on our country roads I'm afraid.

So keep warm everybody and have a good day. Christine xx

16 comments:

Rita said...

A beautiful card Christine. I love the simplicity of it and the sentiment. Have a good Day. Hugs Rita xx

Sonia said...

This card is just wonderful and the sentiment is fantastic^_^
All soooo gorgeous^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Such a beautiful card Christine love the embossed background and that sentiment just right

jacqui x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jacqui
wat een mooi kaart heb je gemaakt met een mooi spreuk.
Ik ben helemaal met je eens we staan weining stil wat er op de wereld gebeurt.
We hebben allemaal haast en druk met ons zelf.
Gerrie xxx

Carole Z said...

Hello Christine, this is a lovely lovely card and you are right, with all the rushing around and total madness, we do need to step back and take a moment, Carole Z X

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Christine, I love the sentiment.

Sue

melanie said...

what a beautiful card .melanie

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, gin a beautiful card, so simple and elegant.

Wilma x x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine.

Patricia said...

Good evening Christine, beautiful card, I love the total simplicity of it.
I agree, the true meaning of Christmas definitely gets lost along the way.

Patricia xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I think the sentiment is perfect.
Lorraine x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Christine and the true meaning of Christmas

Anne

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Christine! Love the gorgeous embossed background and the flowers! So elegant! Hugs

May said...

Gorgeous card Christine... This is very much is the reason... I am having a handmade Christmas only gifts that can be eaten or worn... so been busy knitting, cooking etc... My daughters are grown so they are happy to take part... so quite excited to see what we all have made... Hugs May x x x

Craftyhugs said...

I totally agree christine. I have made a project due to be shown monday showing the true meaning of christmas. Your card sure shows what it is really about and also about family and loved ones not jsut money. Your card is stunning! I must apologise for not commenting as often as I can on your blog. I have been busy at home, personal life and with my DT Projects. I always get round to it but just wanted to apologise lol. Hugs xxx

Planetsusie said...

Blimey Christine - I didn't realise you had snow there - we have been lucky so far and have had a little bit of sunshine!!! I am now making some simple cards to send and I just love this one, it looks really classy and chic.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx