Tuesday 18 December 2012

Yet More Christmas Gift Bags!

This is the last time  you will see gift bags this year.


Click on image to enlarge picture



 I have very little time for crafting this week. I have a busy - enjoyable - few days. First of all, thank you all for the good wishes for our wedding anniversary. We had a lovely day. After a great meal ( it was all a surprise because we had no idea where we were going) we decided to come back to our house for coffee. As predicted it turned into a very long lunch, but we all really enjoyed the day.

Today was another lunch party, although just for me this time. I met up with 12 other guys from the company where I worked before I retired. I had changed my speciality from midwifery to Occupational Health and I was in charge of the health and wellbeing of the employees at a large food manufacturing company. ( A little clue - think coffee, cheese and chocolate!) We were all managers in different departments there before retiring and now meet up for lunch every three months. This time it coincided with Christmas which was lovely. I always feel a little spoiled because I am the only female.

On Wednesday I am having my hair done so I will be all posh in case I bump into Santa when he arrives next week!  And then I am meeting up for lunch with the nurses who used to work with me. These four gift bags are for these ladies. I chose to make them all in green Christmas cardstock from the First Editions pad Stocking Fillers, although obviously they are all different.

As you will see the first one has yellow glittery poinsettias and a yellow ribbon bow. The second one has lots of glittery gold snowflakes with a red, green and gold ribbon bow. The gems to decorate the poinsettias and snowflakes are from my stash. The poinsettias are Marianne Creatables, the small flourishes are also Marianne dies and the large ones are Spellbinders Jewel Flowers and Flourishes. The snowflakes are Spellbinders Create-a-Flake Four.

I probably won't have anything to post tomorrow unless I manage to craft in the evening.

So I hope you all have a great day and manage to do everything on your no doubt long "To Do" list!

Love and hugs from Christine xx

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, lovely gift bags, even I can manage to make them. You seem to have had a lovely busy few days, very enjoyable time meeting up.

Wilma x x

Hazel said...


Christine. Your gift bags are beautiful. Your friends will love them, I let Beth ( whom I am nanny to ) have one to give to her Cello teacher filled with mini products. Needless to say Eva her teacher just loved it. Hazel.

P.S. enjoy your day and have a lovely Christmas and hope 2013 will bring good things for you.

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Goede morgen Christine
Het zijn mooie tasjes geworden denk die je ze geeft blij mee zou zijn
Gerrie xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

I love these bags Christine they all look so good have a lovely day

jacqui x

Lia said...

Beautiful bags, Christine! And also the card below is a beauty!!
xxx Lia

Rita said...

Beautiful bags Christine as always. Sounds as if your having fun and why not. Enjoy your time with your friends. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

Such gorgeous gift bags Christine, I love the colours and details you have added.
All the best
Sue

Stamps and Paper said...

Christine your little bags are gorgeous they really do make lovely gifts and you have decorated them beautifully

Anne

janieworkum said...

Prachtige tasjes heb je gemaakt. Degene die dit krijgt mag daar heel trots op zijn.
groetjes janie

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Christine, Loving these bags, beautifully decorated.
Now! I have to ask this Question:- can you actually "MAKE" non dairy Condensed Milk at home???? I know that might sound a silly question but I had never heard of that.

Patricia xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous bags Christine, and they make beautiful gifts. I love the shape, fab colour ans all your details.
Lorraine x

melanie said...

stunning bags and your card from previous post is Wow xx

Planetsusie said...

Oooh Christine Harrop you little tinker!!! If you have 12 of them you can leave Artem to me! Seriously though (well there's always a first time for me), I love all of these little bags, they are gorgeous and you are going to have some very thrilled ladies! I feel sure you will bump into Santa - leave a little something in his bag for me won't you. A wizened apple will do for the toe of my stocking.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Sue said...

Oh Christine these are absolutely gorgeous and you are a busy bee leading up to christmas LOL have a wonderful time huggles hun xx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous gift bags Christine, your friends will love them..have a super time! Carole Z X