Wednesday 16 October 2013

Acetate Stepper

Hi! I do not like these misty murky mornings. You know, it has just brought a song to mind that we used to sing at school when I was very young - "One misty, moisty morning when cloudy was the weather, There I met an old man clothed all in leather." Well that's done it for me because I'll be singing that all day now - until something else reminds me of another song!!

My Card



Click on image to enlarge pictures



A few months ago on Doreen's blog  (Doreen's Dream) she made a card  using acetate  over it. I liked the idea but never thought any more about it.  Anyway, I came across my thick acetate yesterday and this project came into my mind so thought I would have a go.  I couldn't find her card so I just had to do what I think I remember!

I made a stepper card and then stuck the acetate over it to form a tent shape. I added some more card stock over the fold and across the bottom of the acetate. The image is a topper from Hobby House, using  a Wee image, that I fussy cut after first adding a little more colour with Promarkers and lots of glitter to her wings. The sentiment is LOTV and die cut with SB Lacy Circles. I then just added some ribbon and pearls. I kept it very simple, but it is such an easy card to do that I shall certainly be doing it again and elaborating on it. The pink card stock is from one of the First Edition pads and since it was an offcut  left from another project I don't know which one.

Keep well and warm everybody.



Entered into:

26 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Very pretty card, you say simple but it's very effective.
Lydia
X

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Christine and great image. I am flattered and pleased I inspired you to do one of these cards.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

This is just beautiful Christine, what a fab design, lovely image too.
makes for an unusual card, have a great day, hugs Kate X

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart
groetjes Janie

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine, I love the image and such a wonderful design.
hugs Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I keep forgetting about my acetate. Now I must look it out again. I really like this.

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. I made a Christmas card last year that was much the same. It was actually in the Hunkydory magazine. Hugs Rita xxx

May said...

O my word Christine, This is Beautiful... Love the Gorgeous image & design... the use of acetate is Fabulous.. Beautiful effect!! Love it!! Hugs May x x x

Peanut said...

Gosh! Breathtakingly gorgeous, Christine! Love the delicate image against the acetate...very ethereal! Love it!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine and I'm sat imagining you singing away lol huggles hun Sue xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine. I love the wee image and the fab stepper design. The acetate looks fab.
Lorraine x

Carole Z said...

This is really lovely Christine, really cute image & the acetate really makes it pop! Carole Z xx

Karen Petitt said...

LOVE IT! I struggle to make the step/stepper cards and I love this Christine, your colouring on that image is beautiful, everything about is beautiful. Winter is here, grrr xx

JJ said...

Hi Christine,

A beautiful card, loving the acetate stepper, i started making one of these but never got round to finishing it lol! Love the image too.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Christine, so pretty. Never tried one of these yet...need to put it on my list!! Carol x

Unknown said...

Love this idea with the acetate and I am a huge fan of step cards and using acetate. Wonderful creation.xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Only a day late this time lol!
Very pretty card. I love the First Edition pads but have yet to buy one as I know I would hate to use them lol!
Have got washing on the line in the sunshine today so Im singing "Don't let the Sun in down on me" hahaha!
Ang x

Dortesjs said...

Absolutley gorgeous

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
Fabulous stepper card. Love the acetate too.
Lots of love, Jenny L.

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - this is lovely and I think you have remember the idea very very well! I do love those toppers (and the digis) they are so beautifully drawn. Your choice of embellishments is, as always, perfect. I think this looks absolutely amazing.

Lots of hugs to you (hope John is OK now)

Sue Pxxx

Patricia said...

Aww! Christine I adore this stunning card. Everything in just so! so! beautiful, the colour, the image and the wonderful design, I love it.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Christine!
What a gorgeous stepper card. Direct acetate make a difference on cards? I love it.
Image is stunning and beautifully coloured .
Hugs
Xxx

Oksana said...

Gorgeous Christine. Love the 'floaty look' that the acetate gives, especially with the glittery wings on the girl!xx

Sharon said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at TG this week. What an awesome card. Just love the acetate...wow, will have to try this out sometime soon.. hugs Sharon

Jules said...

Absolutely beautiful, I just love the use of the clear acetate through your card it is very effective. This image is one of my favourites but have only used her once, think it's time to pull her out again. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxo

scrappymo! said...

Stunning!!!