Thursday 9 March 2017

Zed Fold Card

Good morning, and it's a really beautiful one here in Oxfordshire.  John and his friend have gone off for a walk and I will be picking them up later this morning when they ring me.  Such a nice change after all the rain of late.  I had a great day yesterday when I met up with some ex-colleagues for lunch.  We meet up every three months and have a great time putting the world to rights.  The food is more or less incidental!

My card this morning is for one of the ladies in our WI "Craft and Laugh" group who is going through a bit of bad luck at the moment.  Her husband was in hospital for a week with a very bad foot infection and then she fell and broke her ankle and foot!  She was also in hospital a few days (mainly because there was nobody at home to look after her) but now they have both been discharged - Janice on crutches and Paul with walking sticks. She has already had one surgery to pin and plate but is awaiting further surgery.

My Card




Recipe
white cardstock - Hobbycraft
backing papers - LOTV "Promises" (disc)
Fleur De Elegance die - Spellbinders
Large rose die - Memory Box
Sentiment - computer generated

This is the first zed fold card I have made and it is so easy.  I'm sure I could have done a much better job but I was in a desperate hurry to get it off to her.

I also sent her another card from our little craft group.  It was one I already had in stock which I posted some time ago and I just changed the sentiment tag, but it was absolutely perfect as you can see. 




Well that's it from me today.  Take care and enjoy your day.



9 comments:

Wendy L said...

So pretty Christine, xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Two lovely cards Christine, beautifully designed and coloured, super image on your second one, Kate x

dutchess said...

Two lovely cheer up cards Christine and she will love them ,it's always wonderful to receive a card when life needs brightening up.....great weather here today even been out in the garden doing a bit of tidying up....xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two great cards, I'm sure they cheered your friend up.
Lydia
X

Carole Pollard said...

Oh Christine what bad luck your friend has had I'm sure this beautiful personalized card will have cheered her up. They are both fab designs and I may give that Z shape a go it looks stunning. Sounds like a fun lunch glad you enjoyed it Love and hugs Carole x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Two smashing cards and I'm sure they would have cheered your friend. Hope she and hubby recover soon.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What fabulous cards Christine and I'm sure that they cheered up your friends to know that they were thought of. Hope they both recover soon.
Lorraine

rachel said...

two lovely cards Christine - it does sound like your friend has been in the wars - Imagine her and her husband both being struck down at the same time. Life can be so odd! Take care! Hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Great zed fold card. What an unfortunate accident for your friend to have. I seem to be forever playing catch up at the moment as the garden is vying for my attention. Hugs Mrs A.