Thursday 20 July 2017

80th Birthday

It's time for another challenge for Team A at MAWTT.  Our host is  Carole and she asked us to make a card using age as the focal point. Fortunately for me, since I am still not up to crafting since I lost my sister, I have a few cards made before she became ill.  This one fits the brief perfectly.


My Card


Recipe
5" x 7" base card made from black adorable scorable cardstock
Spellbinders Etched Alphabet dies
Sue Wilson -Stitched Flags
Silver mirri card
Silver Rub on greeting



I used a second piece of the black card to die cut the numbers and then layered it onto the base card with foam tape. It was very difficult to photograph and not easy to see  but in real life it is quite effective. In the picture it all looks very flat.  A few gems finished it off.

Please pop across to the blog and see what my teamies have made for this challenge.



6 comments:

Wendy L said...

Lovely card Christine, fab design, thank you, xxxx

Carole said...

Great card Christine
Hugs Carole

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very brilliant card and such a very super design.
Love the numerals they look like they are embossed beautifully ans the silver against the black is luxurious looking.
Been thinking of you and hoping you are coping okay.
Love and big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Hi Christine

June here from Team B. This is a great card, I think silver and black is always a lovely combination :)

Brawny x said...

A great card Christine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Just catching up after a busy week.
A very classy looking creation, just like your good self!
Hope there are days you can smile at the memories.
Ang x