Sunday 30 June 2013

Christmas Scene - CCC Challenge

Good morning friends.  Well, not a male card in sight today I'm pleased to say.  Instead this is a card for the Christmas Card Club challenge.  Lorraine's choice was for us to make a Christmas scene.  Unfortunately Lorraine is unwell and so is not actually taking part herself so let's hope she feels better soon.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture


From the side to see the 3D box effect and stand

I decided to make a 3D box card since it is so long since I have made one. I never quite know what to call these, I guess they are a bit like a shadow box only made from card. I started with a piece of card 8" x 8" and a slightly smaller piece for the back.  After the cutting and folding it becomes 6.5" x 6.5".

My stamp is  many many years old and is from an American company called Petaluma.  I stamped it in black ink and heat embossed with Blue Pearl which gives it a lovely blue colour.  To enhance the blue I matted it onto blue card and then attached it to the back of the box with foam pads.  I used glossy accents and Diamond Dust on the rooftops and trees.  I coloured the diecut fence with Promarkers.  I used Memory Box Snowflake Corner and Frosty Border and the Christmas trees are Dees Distictly A Cut Above - what a mouthful that is!!  Again I used lots of glue and glitter on them.  I didn't have any blue pearls so I coloured some with Promarkers and dotted them onto the snowflakes.  I finished off with a few peel off snowflake because the area at the top seemed a bit bare.  I have attached a stand to the back of the box but I might actually remove that and attach it to a card.  I have done both in the past.

I'm not a sports lover but for the next three weeks I shall be very happy following the Tour de France! Yesterday was the start in Corsica which was an interesting start to say the least. Can't wait for the rest.

Well that's it from me for today.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Love and hugs from Christine. xx

24 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Christine what a super idea doing that box it really shows of your scene beautifully
jacqui x

Hazel said...


Great card Christine, well I suppose before we know it, it will be that time of the year again. Enjoy the next three weeks.

Hazel

Brawny x said...

What a fab card christine!! Everything about about it is superb. So much detail in it. Lovely!
Best wishes Lea x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine.

Karla said...

Wat een prachtige kaart Christine, lijkt wel een schilderijtje.

Groetjes Karla

Doreen said...

Fabulous card,love the image and great layout.xxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine. I love the image, gorgeous design and such beautiful frosty detailing.
Sue xx

Rita said...

Fabulous card Christine. The scene is absolutely stunning. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Yes, stunning is the word Christine, it is so long since I made something like this but you've given me inspiration.
Cheers,
Elaine

Unknown said...


Stunningly beautiful wow love this and enlarged shows the extra details...beautiful.xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous work ... Love it....
I have that stamp too....
Enjoy your day....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Patricia said...

Fantastic project Christine, I love what you have done with this
stunning scene.

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

Hi Christine what a totally stunning card!!! love it I still havent managed to link my post up hahahaha I've tried all morning so I gave up no clue what I'm doing wrong huggles hun Sue xxx

dutchess said...

Hi Christine thats jusr stunning and I love the idea of the fence....beautiful....hugs Margaret

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card...love that box design. You incorporated some great dies here and they look great!

janieworkum said...

Wat een schitterende kerst boxkaart
groetjes Janie

Carol said...

Love your box card Christine, it's stunning - those dies finish it off perfectly. Carol x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, this is such a beautiful box card: I love the design, a really pretty wintry scene! Carole Z X

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Christine. I love the snowy scene and the fab 3D box design.
Lorraine x

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, Oh wow this is stunning. Love the blue and white and the style of your card is fab, love it.
Hugs Sue W.

Peanut said...

WOW! Christine! I am speechless. It's beyond gorgeous. The snowy is scene is just amazing...and all the lovely details. WOW!!!
love, Asha

Planetsusie said...

I love this Christine - such a gorgeous scene. I love all the glittery bits and pieces. It really is enchanting. I haven't seen a design like this, must have a go though!

Hope you continue to enjoy your Tour de France - 'virtually' of course.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful card that is also a beautiful gift. Zx

Hazel said...

I'm so sorry that I'm late coming along to see your gorgeous card and leaving my comment. This is so beautiful - such a good response to Lorraine's CCC challenge x