Tuesday 5 November 2013

Hark The Herald Angels Sing

Hello everybody. Hope this finds you all well. As you can tell from the title I am posting another Christmas card today.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

My card today is approx 6.5 x 6.5 inches because when I laid everything on the slightly smaller card it looked a tad crowded. The extra half inch or so all round made quite a difference. I matted it with Core'dinations Vienna Lake and then Christmas Sparkle from Craftwork Cards. My stamped image is Angelic Lute from LOTV and coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I only have a few flexmarkers but they are a joy to use! It was then matted with SB Lacy Circles. The music score of the Christmas carol was from the internet and I printed it onto parchment. When the card is moved in certain ways the silvery snowflakes on the backing paper can be seen through the parchment. Last year somebody on their blog used one of these carol sheets and gave a link to the site to download them. I downloaded a few but now have forgotten where it was, which is a shame because I like the effect. Typical! The music stave is Virtuoso Music from Memory Box and I just love it. The snowflakes were very old stash from Craftime and I just added a pale green pearl in the opposite corners. Once again my card has turned out monochrome, and once again it was totally unplanned, but I do like it. And the colour is so pretty. I raised the image on thin foam tape but I am trying hard to keep all my card as flat as possible this year to save on postage.

Well that is for today.



Entered into:

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, doing my blog rounds. This is one beautiful card. Lovely image and music sheet added. Isn't that a nice music die...we have good taste hey....xx

Patricia said...

Good afternoon Christine,
I love this wonderful card, that music Die is great, as s the printed music.
Beautiful papers and image.
Have great rest of the day

Patricia xxx

Brawny x said...

A great card Christine I love all the different elements - a shame you can't remember where the music sheet came from - I like a lot!!!
Love Lea x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Christine , lovely image and just love that music die...a perfect Christmas card

Anne

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, I love the sweet image and the music sheet background works so well with it. The colour scheme is beautiful too.
hugs Sue xx

Carol said...

A beautiful card Christine, the colour is so pretty and your choice of dies is perfect. Carol x

JJ said...

Hi Christine, this is so beautiful, so elegant, really, really lovely, love it all, the music paper is gorgeous as is the image and coloured in so well too.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, I love your card, it is so beautiful, the colours are gorgeous and I love the way you've printed the music.
I have about 6 fleximarkers and like you I love using them, I keep meaning to buy more. Hugs Kate x

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Wonderful card. Love all the die cuts you have used and the music paper. Love it!
Looks like I may be doing the NEC Thursday now to meet the Scottish Posse afterwards but think you're going on Friday? Shame our paths won't cross this time.
Best wishes
Ang x

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. I just love everything about it. Hugs Rita xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Christine. The colours and design look fabulous
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Oh Christine this is really lovely. I love my flexmarkers as well, I have bought a few copics to try and I reallyyyyyyyy love them lol have fun at the NEC can't wait for the one next year :) huggles Sue xxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, another gorgeous Christmas Card love all the elements especially the music background and die.

Wilma x x x

Unknown said...

This card is so well put together Christine, I esp love the music staff, have never seen one of those before.
Elaine

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
super card yet again. Love that downloaded music sheet, and your design is really fab. Super colouring in of a lovely image too.
I really struggle to design Christmas cards for some reason, I need to take a few lessons from you.
Lots of love. Jenny L.

scrappymo! said...

This is gorgeous, The wee angel, the sheet music and those pretty snowflakes...everything is gorgeous,,,
I will look on my Pinterest as I may have pinned that song sheet,

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, a fabulous Christmas card, love your design and that music sheet! Carole Z X

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

lovely card Christine great image and the music score adds a nice finishing touch
jacqui x

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Gorgeous card, love the sheet music, very effective.
Lydia
X

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the papers and the dies! Beautifully done!! Wow!!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

scrappymo! said...

If you have a Pinterest account Marianne Fiero has your sheet music pinned.
I will reprint it once I am home < little mr p is sick today and I am babysitting>
I am Scrappymo on Pinterest.
Once home I can email the link to you...Do you have a Pinterest account?

Sandy said...

Truly wonderful! All of the elements are gorgeous together. Truly a beautiful Christmas card!
Sandy

Hazel said...

This is beautiful, love all the elements. See you later. Hazel xx