Friday 12 September 2014

Oldie For Friday

Good morning to all my friends and fellow bloggers.  I have watched Patricia's entries into the Oldie For Friday and then saw some others (Kate, Jenny) join in so I thought since circumstances are not letting me do a lot of crafting and blogging at the moment I would join in too - just to let you know I am still alive and kicking.  So HERE is the link to Erika's blog.

My Card



This is the very first card I ever posted on my blog back in August 2012 - gosh, makes me realise I have been blogging two years now. Wow!  Jenny started a day or two after and I think Patricia was just before me.

This card uses pale blue pearlescent card stock and SB Parisian motifs, (Jenny's card today used it which gave me the idea to join in) and it was the first time I had tried this technique of half cutting the die and half embossing it.  I was very pleased with my first attempt. The flowers were from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearls and organza ribbon were from my stash. It was also my first attempt at a double bow - a day of firsts.

Hope you all have a great day!


16 comments:

Wendy L said...

Still perfect for today, gorgeous Christine, xxx

Rita said...

Gorgeous card Christine. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Very pretty card.
Lydia
X

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, beautiful card, I love your design and dies, hope you are well, have a good day, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

It was a beautiful card Christine and I'm sure treasured by the recipient. Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

DELIGHTFULLY gorgeous card and dies used. Loving the beautiful colours used as well as the beautiful placed goodies.xx
♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Sue said...

It's lovely to see this gorgeous card again Patricia.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

JJ said...

Gorgeous card Christine, Love the design.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
lovely to see you joining in with the Oldie for Friday.
This card is very beautiful, and a technique I have never tried myself.
You have created this technique superbly, and I bet the recipient loved it.
So glad you are managing to find a little time to blog, and thank you for your comments on mine today.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Erika said...

Hi Christine, thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie this Friday. I love your card especially how you've used the die to create a 3D effect. Beautiful.

Have a super weekend and happy crafting, Erika. x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Nice to have you back. Hope that John is better. Two years may have passed but its still a lovely card. Love the half and half with the die.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Patricia said...

Good evening Christine, great to see your post.
Love your card, you could have made that today.
Just goes to show, classic elegance never dates.
Have a great weekend

Patricia x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous classy card Christine.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Peanut said...

Sooo elegant, Christine. LOVE the soft colours.
hugs, Asha

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card Christine! Hope John is better now, hugs Carole Z X

Hazel said...

Christine firstly I hope John is feeling a bit better. Love your card it doesn't seem like two years the three of your have been blogging. Hazel xx