Sunday 7 December 2014

Christmas table Gifts


Good morning to you all.  This is a very quick post because we are off to St Alban's to celebrate Christmas.  Don't panic, I know there are still a couple of weeks yet.  John has very little family - two cousins  in the UK and two in New Zealand, plus their families of course. One of his cousins and his wife are off to Tokyo to spend Christmas with their son and his family so they have decided to have a faux Christmas Day and celebrate today.  There will be twelve of us, plus two little ones so it should be a great day and really set the mood for Christmas.  I have provided the table gifts, wine and chocolates etc.

My Project



I used Spellbinders  Square Bracket Edge Box and then just decorated the lid with Marianne Designs Swedish Crystal snowflakes.  The boxes hold a couple of Thornton's chocolates which I wrapped in tissue paper so that the boxes can be re-used by the recipients without being chocolate streaked! I always forget about this set of dies but they are really very useful for small gifts.



For the wine bottle tags I used Core'dinations card stock in teal. I ran some white card through the GC with Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas Sentiments folder. ( A snip from teh stall "Every Crafts A Pound" at the NEC.) The snowflakes are SB Create A Flake Four. I just added a ribbon bow and then to all the snowflakes I added pearls from my stash.  I wrapped the boxes of chocolates and fancy biscuits in white paper and decorated with the same snowflakes.

Well I must take my leave of you so that we can get ready to go.  Hope you are all well and having a good weekend









18 comments:

Hazel said...

Christine have a great day. Your table gifts will be well received they are gorgeous. Hazel x

Patricia said...

Good morning Christine,
Love, love,love this wonderful idea.
I keep making bigger boxes ..... which means you need more chocolates !!!
Will rummage out this Die and use!!
Really like the bottle jacket as well.
Have a fantastic day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Christine. I love your designs colours, the snowflakes look so beautiful.
I hope you have a wonderful time with John's family.
hugs Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Such lovely makes and a lovely idea Christine have a wonderful day with Johns family

Anne

Carole Pollard said...

Wow these are so beautiful just so pretty bet everyone was amazed receiving your stunning creations they are perfect. Hope you enjoyed the day Love and hugs Carole x

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
These are all so pretty, hope you have a great day.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

They look lovely, have a fab day, xxx

Marie-Louise said...

These look fantastic Christine. Have a very Happy (faux) Christmas.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are beautiful and are sure to be loved by all. Enjoy your pre- Christmas celebration.
Lorraine

Rita said...

Beautiful gift boxes Christine. I love the wine bottle topper as well. Enjoy your Pre Christmas bash. Hugs Rita xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous boxes and bottles tags. Love the designs.
Enjoy!
Lorraine x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
These look divine. Love the idea of the box on the bottle and I thought I recognised that embossing folder lol!
Hope you enjoyed your "Christmas"
Best wishes.
Ang x

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful designed boxes Christine, lovely colours too.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Carole Z said...

You have been busy! These are gorgeous ... Hope you've had a good day, hugs Carole Z xx

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh Christine you've been really busy with these wonderful gift boxes. what a lovely idea too, love how you have decorated them with the beautiful snowflakes, hope you and John had a wonderful time with your family, hugs Kate x

Lia said...

Wow Christine, you have made lovely christmas gifts. I am sure, the recipients liked them as much as I do. I hope you had a good time together!
Your work below is gorgeous! I looked at it for sevral minutes to see how you made it. Great!!
Lia xx

Sue said...

Hi Christine just catching up on all your fab stuff! been a bit hectic here but Grandson is here so I'm trying to comment on all my friends blogs LOL while he keeps his Granda busy lots of huggles and hope you are both ok....Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MaryH said...

How very beautiful your table is going to look with these lovely boxes & icy snowflakes. That die made a wonderful decorative edge, and I love your snowflake trim. Hope you will have a super happy day enjoying all the kinfolks. I liked the term "faux Christmas". As long as you're with family, it will be Christmas all the way. TFS & Hugs