Thursday 4 June 2015

Potted Flowers

Good morning.  Well this week has been back to winter!  Cold, wet, windy and even some hailstones!  Cold enough that we lit the woodburner - in June .......!!  According to the forecast (oh yeah!) it's supposed to be better today. So fingers crossesd because we are hoping to have a day out today. Certainly yesterday was a vast improvement, but still not June weather!

I have seen quite a few of these plant pots around blogland so I decided to make one too.

My Card



Ingredients
Brown card - Bazzill Basics
Cream card - scraps from my box
Pink patterned card stock - First Edition "Love Letters
Damask embossing folder - Couture Creations
Flowers - Spellbinders Rose Creations die
Argyle embossing folder - Embossalicious from Crafter's Companions
Spellbinders - Classic scalloped ovals
Sentiment on insert - Freebie from TLC Creations
Lace and gems from stash

I added a cardstock stand to the back of the plant pot so that it would stand upright.  I thought it would make a nice get well card but decided to type "Just For You" on the label then it can be used for something else if necessary.

This fits nicely into a 5" x 7" envelope but obviously it could be made smaller or larger. I shall be making some more and try different sizes to see which I prefer.

Well I hope everybody is okay, but hugs to those who need them.







13 comments:

Patricia said...

Good morning Christine,
Love, love,love your beautiful card. The colours, those stunning flowers and the fantastic design.
I cleaned out our open fire, filled the space with candles and lights. I keep saying I am not changing it till later .... BUT!!! Fresh Snow on the hills the other day, heating cranked up!!
((((Hugs))))
Patricia xxx

Wendy L said...

I've not seen this design before Christine,(bet I see loads today !!!)
Gorgeous, xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A beautiful card, love it. Have a good day out.
Lydia
X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely card Christine, beautiful flowers and one which could be used for all sorts of occasions. Hope your day out goes well - we have sunshine here at the moment.
Lorraine

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the pretty design, the flowers are so beautiful.
I hope you enjoy your day out and that you have good weather. It's lovely here at the moment.
hugs Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card Christine...love the flower pot and the embossing...gorgeous flowers too.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

JJ said...

Gorgeous Christine, beautiful card.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Fabulously pretty plant pot card.
Its been ages since I made one but yours looks as if it would post very well.
Hope you have managed your day out. We had a lovely day here yesterday and its been lovely so far today.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Carol said...

This is very pretty Christine, love the embossed pot. Dull but dry here today, still quite cool though. Carol x

Marie-Louise said...

Great card Christine. Would make a great Get well card since they do not allow flowers in the hospitals now. I love this.

Carole Pollard said...

Wow this is amazing what a gorgeous design I've not seen this design before and I love it Its just perfect have a great weekend love and hugs Carole x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Christine! have a great weekend and if you here a racket down your way it's only me and Sue P causing trouble again LOL lots of huggles Sue xx

Carole Z said...

This is beautiful Christine, perfect to make someone feel better! Hugs Carole Z X